Does WD-40 damage plastic?
WD-40 can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber, wood and plastic. WD-40 can be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40.
How do you permanently restore black plastic?
- Wash the plastic trim.
- Use a microfiber applicator or foam applicator to apply Solution Finish Trim Restorer onto the plastic.
- Wipe off excess product with a clean towel and allow the plastic to dry for 6 hours.
What is the best black plastic restorer?
- Cerakote Ceramic Trim Coat Kit. Best overall plastic restorer.
- Meguiar’s Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer. Best spray plastic restorer.
- Carfidant Trim & Plastic Restorer. Best premium plastic restorer.
- Lithium Trim Restorer & Protectant.
- Chemical Guys VRP.