How do I program my new Nissan key?
- Get in the car with the key, and lock the doors.
- Put the key in the ignition, but don’t start the vehicle.
- Once accepted, you are now in program mode.
- Next, press any button on the Intelligent Key.
- After you have successfully programmed the key, it’s time to test it out.
How do I program my Nissan push start key?
Press and hold any button from your fob’s keychain until the door locks begin to flash. It should take about three seconds. Once you stop seeing the lock lights flash, you can release your programming button. You should then see a steady light that confirms that the key fob has been programmed.
Can I program a new key myself?
Programming a Single Key
A handful of manufacturers will allow you to program a single key, even if you don’t have a key that works. Keep in mind that you’ll still need to have the key cut to fit the ignition, which means you’ll need to provide proof of ownership to a locksmith.