Which Kia models have engine problems?
According to Kia, there were issues with Kia Optimas made from 2011 to 2014, the Sorento from 2012-2014, and Sportages from 2011 to 2013. These particular examples of the Theta engine had issues with their engine bearings: They wore out quickly and caused a seized engine.
Which model of Kia is best?
- 2023 Kia Sportage. Pros. Now offers hybrid and plug-in hybrid models.
- 2023 Kia Carnival. Pros. Assertive, SUV-like exterior design.
- 2023 Kia Sorento. Pros. Comfortable cabin with plenty of standard features.
- 2023 Kia K5. Pros. Sizable trunk.
- 2023 Kia Telluride. Pros. Attractive styling.
- 2023 Kia Soul. Pros.
What is the life expectancy of a Kia?
In the hands of a responsible owner, Kia vehicles are expected to last up to 200,000 miles. According to the accounts of owners who gave their Kias the much-needed TLC, they could get 200,000 to 250,000 miles and keep them on the road for a decade or more.