Which Tyres are best for electric vehicles?
- Continental Extreme Contact DWS06.
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
- Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
- Michelin Primacy MXM4.
- Michelin Premier A/S.
- Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus.
- Vogue Custom Built Radial VIII.
- Yokohama Advan Sport A/S.
Why do EV tires wear out faster?
Electric vehicles boast instant torque, meaning they accelerate the second you put the pedal to the metal. However, the high instant torque of electric vehicles can also increase wear and tear. In addition to good grip, the rubber compound used for EV tires also needs low rolling resistance.
Are EV tires different from regular tires?
The tires of electric vehicles wear 20% faster than those of internal combustion engines, which is due to the acceleration of electric vehicles that generate strong instantaneous power. Accordingly, the tires of early electric vehicles focused on abrasion resistance.