Can I use WD-40 to clean my rims?
You can, but you shouldn’t. WD-40 is great for what it is designed for, which is water displacement (that’s what WD stands for). It is also pretty decent as a penetrating lubricant and a solvent. It is not a good protectant.
What is the best thing to clean alloy wheels?
- First, make sure the ignition’s turned off and give your wheels time to cool.
- Using soapy water and a soft sponge, wash off the worst of the dirt.
- TOP TIP.
- Use a tyre brush to reach between the spokes.
- For tar spots, use a tar removing spray.
- Now, jet wash or hose away any remaining grime.
Does WD-40 clean aluminum?
Step 1: Clean The Aluminum
Using WD-40 (or a degreaser, or paint thinner) on the sandpaper, helps to remove debris and grease build up. Household applications may only require dish soap or a water and vinegar solution to clean the surface. A stainless steel wire brush can be used on heavily corroded aluminum surface.